How does the Liquidator work?

Jul 16, 2013
Winchester, KY
I was looking for a thread that specifically talked about how the liquidator works but I couldn't find one, if it exists.

I understand the concept of it. It just supplies a steady stream of chlorine to the water while the pump is running.

But could someone explain the technical side of it? How is the amount of chlorine going into the pool regulated? I know there is a flow valve but I just still don't get it. If pool water continuously flows in, then out of the unit, it seems that would constantly change the concentration of the chlorine and you would get varying results. OR whats to keep straight chlorine from going through the valve and skyrocketing the FC level?

I switched my parents over to the BBB method last summer, when you all helped me rescue their pool. But I plan to be moving out soon, so I wont be able to take care of the pool for them anymore. My mom would follow BBB but she travels for work the majority of the week and cant maintain it daily. And my dad is the most stubborn man on the planet, and will just revert to his old methods before he ever even considers learning the BBB way. I feel that the liquidator could be a good option for them, since they are skeptical of shelling out the upfront cost of an SWG at this point in time.

Thanks for the input everyone!

The bleach sits in the bottom of the tank in a clearly defined layer. The chlorine dissipates into the water above. As long as there is bleach in reserve at the bottom, the chlorine concentration in the water above stays fairly constant. Only a small fraction of the pool water flows in, and then a little of the chlorinated water flows out.

Cool. Thanks for the tips! I'll check out the stenner pump. But one more question about the Liquidator. Ive read that it could potentially meet your chlorine needs for a few weeks before a refill is needed. How would the bleach (10%) hold up for that long in the container, if its outside in the heat and direct sun for about half of the day? Seems like it being outside in the sun would just cause the several gallons of bleach you put into the Liquidator, to lose its punch too quickly.

Cool. Thanks for the tips! I'll check out the stenner pump. But one more question about the Liquidator. Ive read that it could potentially meet your chlorine needs for a few weeks before a refill is needed. How would the bleach (10%) hold up for that long in the container, if its outside in the heat and direct sun for about half of the day? Seems like it being outside in the sun would just cause the several gallons of bleach you put into the Liquidator, to lose its punch too quickly.

The pool water flowing through the Liquidator keeps the bleach at the same temperature as the water, so heat isn't an issue. Many people either cover the Liquidator or paint it to block the light from hitting the bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.