Partially emptied pool yesterday but today, pump won't prime

Jun 10, 2014
miami fl
Hi Guys

Yesterday, I partially emptied my pool but had to stop with about 3' water remaining. I came back today to finish draining the pool, but the pump won't prime. I tried everything one is supposed to do to re-prime, but I'm not having any success and I'm frustrated. Can anyone help? Thank you.
Sally.

Chances are you won't be able to get it to prime. It has to do with how far down the pool water level is below the pump. The further the pump needs to pull the water up from the less likely it is to work. 4' is usually about the limit. The pumps are usually rated for a bit more, and sometimes they will work at greater height differences, but even the tiniest air leak will stop you after about 4'.

If you haven't already, give it 4 or 5 minutes to see if it will prime. That is about the limit of what you should try without giving it time to cool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.