Installing Intermatic Fireman Switch on a Non-Intermatic Timer

Tangje

Jun 24, 2012
Hi All,

Last year I decided to put my pool pump on a timer. Reading the forums it seemed that Intermatic timers were often recommended. I could not find any stores that carried the Intermatic T104 timer but I was able to find a GE timer (15307) that seemed comparable. On the box of the GE timer there was actually a table indicating that the 15307 was similar/equivalent to the Intermatic T104, Paragon 4004, and Tork 1104 timers.

This year I decided to add a Fireman Switch to make life easier with running my heater. I purchased an Intermatic Fireman Switch thinking it would be compatible with my timer.

I am having trouble figuring out how to install the switch. First, my timer does not appear to have the holes to mount the switch. This might be a problem in terms of properly positioning the switch so that it can be activated as well as so it produces the proper lag between turning off the heater and then the pump. Second, I believe my timer rotates counter-clockwise while the Intermatic rotates clockwise. Coupled with the lack of mounting holes this makes me very unclear as to where to mount the switch.

I have included pictures of the two timers as well as a picture of the Intermatic timer with fireman switch installed. The GE timer is closet in appearance to the Tork timer so I have also included a picture of the Tork timer with fireman switch; I do not understand how things are installed.

I would really appreciate any suggestions for how to proceed, short of buying a new Intermatic timer.

Thanks.

GE Timer:
2ae2cc2d-45bc-4687-9d11-f1d0dc10fb50_400.jpg

Intermatic Timer:
436c9cdb-8212-4881-ae34-efd9c1d5e313_1000.jpg

Intermatic Timer with Fireman Switch:

61-noXhfpTL._SL1500_.jpg

Tork Timer with Fireman Switch:
1104FM-N-2.jpg

similar/equivalent is a world away from made by the same manufacturer to fit their product. The Intermatic switch says "This Fireman Switch is designed to work with all T100 and T1000 Series Time Clocks" but noting about fitting any other manufacturers brand. You might be able to make it work but I also doubt it will fit properly or work reliably.

I know your post says you'd like opinions short of buying a new timer but IMHO, I'd craigslist the timer you have and get the timer you need.

Thanks for your replies, I appreciate it. I'm going to chalk this up to the difficulty obtaining parts (and not just pool related) living in Canada. I'll just buy a new Intermatic 104 (which I can now find easily around me) and surprise my folks by putting a timer on their pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.