Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wall Thickness and concrete psi

1. Back To Top    #1

Wall Thickness and concrete psi

Does anyone see an issue with an IG 16x27 pool (10238 gallons) having 6 inch walls and 4500 psi concrete?

I'm not an engineer so I can't even begin to guess. It's being represented to me that structurally that is more than sufficient.
    17’ by 28’ - 10,600 gallons; IG
    Hayward 60 sqft D.E.
    Hayward 2 Horsepower, 2 Speed
    Goldline Salt system
    Pebble Tech - Pebble sheen (Turtle Bay)
    12" raised pool with 18" raised back beam wall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wall Thickness and concrete psi

I believe walls are typically 6 to 8 inches thick. How deep is you pool? Based on the gallons it appears to be a sport pool. The deeper it gets the more stress there is ont he concrete.

It is unlikely that you would ever get less than 4500 psi from either concrete or shotcrete -- especially with shotcrete as it goes on drier (the lower the water / cement ratio typically the stronger the concrete).

Steve
    Pool: 625 SF Free-Form In-Ground Shotcrete Pool w/7.5' dia spa.(8 jets), 24" raised bond beam (22,500 gal)
    Pentair Equip: Intelliflo VF Pump, MasterTemp 400 Heater, IC40 SWG, Quad DE 100 Filter
    Automation: IntelliTouch i7+3 (+ extender panel), 6 Jandy Automated Valves (S, R, Spa Bypass, Solar, Cleaner, Spillway)
    Other: 75% Solar, Kreepy Kruiser Cleaner, Tan Hip-Hop Diving Board (a bit curved) on 606 Cantilever Base (SR Smith)
    Links: [TFP Pool Build Thread] - [TFP Landscaping Thread]