Sequestrants

Sep 19, 2012
Temecula, CA
Pool is looking fantastic but my girlfriend noticed her hair is getting a little green (not super obvious). I'm guessing it's from the pool heater that feeds the spa primarily. I only use bleach and muriatic acid in the pool with an occasional puck or two to keep the CYA where it needs to be. Recomendations on what to do? Thanks in advance.

~Carl

IF you want to prevent the hair from getting greener and/or stains developing in the pool, then you will need to constantly dose with sequestrant.

BTW, if your pH never got VERY low, the copper did not likely come from the heater.

My PH stays kinda high actually (7.8) or even a little more. I add muriatic acid to keep it in check. I've only put pucks in on a few occasions, probably only used 5 total so I'll double check to see if they contain copper. Could it be from the copper piping that my fill line is fed from? We have city water, not well water so I guess I'm not sure what the source is. We spend HOURS in that pool and spa so maybe it's just overexposure?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.