REVIEW: Dolphin Oasis Z5 from Epic Pool supply

I don't know about the additional remote functions working on the Z5, but I can say that the M5 and the Z5 are not identical otherwise. The M5 has a third scrubber brush that the Z5 is lacking.

When Brushpup comes back to the house I'll beg him to bring the remote again so we can play more.

Arrriiighty, I'll remember to do that. (Hopefully) :mrgreen:

For those with the Z5, have you noticed diminished wall climbing? When I first used mine, it went right up the wall and did a great job scrubbing the water line. Now it does not get that high up the wall at all.

The only time I've notcied any diminshed climbing is when the filters (spring or fine) are extremely full, but that's it.

finally threw mine in for the first time today and boy did that sucker climb!
almost immediately it was up on the benches. I really didn't expect to see it climb so vertically. it really seemed to do a bang up job of hitting the waterline tiles too. just amazing.
not much in the way of instructions though. I just moved the handle diagonally and dropped it in. wow. im impressed so far.

If you have to compare the Dolphin Oasis with the polaris 9300 what is your experience. I have problems with the Polaris after 8 months! The factory let me down I'm looking for a trustful robot with a normal warranty and hopefully that it will work for the normal 3 or 4 years.

As seen above, the end users seem very happy with it. I have the model just a little up line of it, and the Z5 performance seems identical, as does the overall and specific quality of the machine.

So far for me, it has been an absolutely stellar performer, and I can't imagine being happier with something else. Those that own the Z5 seem equally happy.

what question txnole?
my post above #44 talks about climbing. it sure does!
the only problem I can think of with my z5 is that sometimes it gets stuck on bottom drain covers and seems to spend more time in the deep end than shallow. could be my imagination though as I don't watch it the whole time. it does have a remote too so if you see a spot that's bugging you and it seems to keep going around it, you can direct it to that spot. also with the remote I can have it come to me and climb up on a bench where I can shut it off and remove it from the pool.
its too big to function in the spa.
I have also recently found it stopped somewhere in the pool. not sure if it timed out or got cold or what. hasn't been a problem though as I can restart it or grab it with brush pole under the handle and retrieve it. I don't recommend grabbing it by the cord either.
hope this helps.
yes I would buy it again.(hopefully wont have to for at least a few years.) 3 year warranty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
One more thing to note. If you have main drain covers that are raised the dolphin will frequently get stuck on these. At least mine does. It's not a big deal as long as you check on it from time to time. You can't just drop it in and forget about it for a few hours. It seems like every time I check on it it's stuck. On the flip side it rarely gets stuck while I'm watching it. Just one of those things I suppose.

Yeah, that is subjec to happen from time to time. However I dont think getting stuck is a trait specific to the Dolphin cleaners. Just about any clearner will most likely do the same given the same opportunity.

One more thing to note. If you have main drain covers that are raised the dolphin will frequently get stuck on these. At least mine does. It's not a big deal as long as you check on it from time to time. You can't just drop it in and forget about it for a few hours. It seems like every time I check on it it's stuck. On the flip side it rarely gets stuck while I'm watching it. Just one of those things I suppose.

Are you running the cleaner with the pool pump on? On my new pool, my dolphin gets stuck on my drains sometimes too, but I'm thinking it probably wouldn't happen if they weren't actually on producing suction.

hmmm, that's a good point. I honestly hadn't thought about it. I do think it happens either way but maybe it wouldn't happen as often without suction. ill have to experiment a little and see what the difference is.
thanks for the thought. im intrigued to find out now.

hmmm, that's a good point. I honestly hadn't thought about it. I do think it happens either way but maybe it wouldn't happen as often without suction. ill have to experiment a little and see what the difference is.
thanks for the thought. im intrigued to find out now.

I'm going to try it too, my cleaner never got stuck at the old house, but does get stuck on the drains now although sometimes it goes right over.

Ok. After a little experimentation it seems that it does still get stuck on drains without the pump being on though maybe not quite as often.
I also agree with PatrickB that it has to do with the type of covers that you have. It gets stuck in the air and can't get traction to move off. Maybe I will look into replacing the covers With something that is a little flatter if possible. That would solve the problem in my opinion.

Ok. After a little experimentation it seems that it does still get stuck on drains without the pump being on though maybe not quite as often.
I also agree with PatrickB that it has to do with the type of covers that you have. It gets stuck in the air and can't get traction to move off. Maybe I will look into replacing the covers With something that is a little flatter if possible. That would solve the problem in my opinion.

If you can't find any, they do make wide covers for drains to address this very problem. They would absolutely be my second choice though. They look like big flying saucers in the bottom of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.