becky5687 says Hello from Michigan!

Jul 16, 2008
SW Michigan
Well, we finally did it! We have a pool! Just a started Intex pool, we will probaly upgrade in the next year or two. I am so glad I found this site! We just finished filling our pool this afternoon and plan on attempting the BBB method starting tonight.

Woo Hooo! :-D

Funny, I am at work which is located in Redford Twp. small world huh?
Behind the Oil refinery, across the railroad tracks from the ice arena - Connelly Crane.

I suggest you take some time reading the pool school info and get a good test kit. Once you are able to get everything in balance, your maintenance work is simple. Next year is when you will find owning a pool simple and more enjoyable. This year you have a lot to understand, be patient.

Welcome becky5687,

I grew up on Seminole north of Schoolcraft (Inkster and I-96). If you know Schoolcraft, you were around before the freeway (I'm old). I live in

Salem Township now, most people have to Google it. Welcome to the forum. Ask for advice and the fine people here will help. Follow it and

you'll have a beautiful pool. If you don't already have a GOOD test kit, the TF-100 through this site is a great kit. Good luck and happy swimming.

What a small world, two people who are near the area I grew up!

skinman - I am not old enough to remember when I-96 went through, but my mom is. SHe was one of the first classes to graduate from Thurston High (1963).

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. So far so good, put the Bleach and CYA in last night to get started. I have already received a ton of help from all of you!

Thanks!

Becky

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support