How much $$$ would I save running low speed?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
I find that with 2 skimmers, the flow rate running my pump on high does a much better job of skimming. Currently I have my pool set to run between 8 am and 10 am and 8 pm and 10 pm for 4 hours a day run time. pool looks great, skimmers do a good job keeping it clean. on low I would have to run it double the time to get the same turnover, and with less skimming action.

with my little knowledge of things... im thinking 4 hours on high ~ 8 hours on low = same $$$ ????:confused:

im just curious, how much *roughly* does running the pump on low save? are we talking a few bucks a month or a significant amount of money here?

thanks!

You save roughly 50% off your electric bill by using a two speed pump on low speed for twice as long rather than high speed. In some situations you can save even more, since you don't always need to run the pump for twice as long.

You save roughly 50% off your electric bill by using a two speed pump on low speed for twice as long rather than high speed. In some situations you can save even more, since you don't always need to run the pump for twice as long.

wow. 50%! I never would have thought that. maybe I should keep it on low 4 hours in am, and 4 hrs in pm and only kick it up on high if there is a lot of debris in the pool.... or if im tossing in the barricuda.

thanks Jason!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.