Hayward CL100 Automatic Chlorinator

Putting tablets in the skimmer is not recommended unless you run the pump 24/7. They are very acidic and could damage the skimmer and equipment. The chlorinators allow you to dial in the output, you would not use any more/less to maintain the same FC level.

Of course you realize that we RARELY recommend the use of trichlor tablets due to the side-effects of rising stabilizer levels and lowering of pH and TA. See: How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Putting tablets in the skimmer is not recommended unless you run the pump 24/7. They are very acidic and could damage the skimmer and equipment. The chlorinators allow you to dial in the output, you would not use any more/less to maintain the same FC level.

Of course you realize that we RARELY recommend the use of trichlor tablets due to the side-effects of rising stabilizer levels and lowering of pH and TA. See: How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Thanks, yes I started here and know about the BBB method. It's just easier to use the tabs. I used them one year and it was easier and more convenient. I usually use liquid bleach and the pool calculator.

We see so often that people use the pucks for a year and 2 and suddenly start to have problems ... because they do not realize that the CYA is climbing. If they work for you and you are testing your chemistry, that it great.

We see so often that people use the pucks for a year and 2 and suddenly start to have problems ... because they do not realize that the CYA is climbing. If they work for you and you are testing your chemistry, that it great.

My CYA levels reset each year!!! I don't know why, but one year I overdid the CYA. Instead of changing out the water I let it go for the entire year, adding more chlorine!!! By next year my cya level was almost 0. I have a 24' x 4' deep above ground pool.

if you gonna use Hayword cl100 chlorinator I can attest that it does work great being able to set the desired chlorination level is great, my pool uses much less chlorine because I keep it covered unless we're swimming, so for me being able to set it to a minimal level and maintain it at that level is pretty important.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.