liner fallling apart

Moved in last September and I am waiting for a new liner that will be here next week. My first pool - inground/vinyl liner - and don't know a ton about pools yet. In the meantime - my liner is totally falling apart and ripping around half the pool. There is a lot of water behind the liner because the liner is ripped around the top and dropping into the water. Is this fine for the next week until the pool guys come and replace the liner. Is there any difference when they drain the water behind the liner and the normal water above the liner - it's all just drained from the main drain anyway right? I have a pump to pump groundwater from under the liner but there is really no point in using it because the water from the pool will just keep going behind the liner anyway and I don't want the water level getting too low. So am I okay like this until next week? I don't know what I could do anyway but just curious since the pool is not looking too good!

We had our liner out about a week before our new one came. I would make sure that you don't have rain in the forecast. Do you have sand bottom? You would not want that getting wet before the new liner comes.

I'd want to pump it out and inspect for any damage from the water getting behind the liner before they come out..

It's helpful to add your pool info to your "signature". Can you post some pictures of the present liner ??

1. The size of your pool in gallons
2. If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
3. If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
4. The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the size, model number or flow rate of the filter.
5. If you know, please tell us the size pump in HP. Also mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
6. Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
7. Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner

As a pool builder I would recommend leaving it until they come to put the liner in. You could cause more problems by pumping it ot and leaving it sit for a week or more. Just my 30 years of experience talking though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.