Keeping the pool heated with Easy Touch?

gid305

Mar 12, 2011
I'm asking this question because I think I've been doing it wrong since upgrading to an Easy Touch 8 controlling an Intelliflo pump last year. I run the pump overnight from 10pm to 4am and boost the speed for a few hours so the suction vacuum can do its thing in my approx 12K gallon pool. But whenever we want to keep the pool heated for a weekend (or longer), I find that I have to basically change the primary pool program to run from 10pm to 10pm because if I just hit the P button to turn on the pool, 12 hours later the egg timer shuts off the heating.

Am I missing something? I thought hitting P was supposed to keep the pool on. It's a pain to keep altering the program for the pool every time I want to run it for more than few hours. Seems overly complicated. Right now I have to use the controller to turn on the heater, then change the program. The wife's eyes glaze over. Should be able to just hit a button and away we go.

What's the right way to do this? Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.