CYA question

Cylon

May 16, 2014
NYC
My new pool lasted about 30 seconds, the second I stepped into the pool the seam ripped. Very unlucky now I have to wait for the poll contractor to come replace liner.

My question:

While I wait for this, is it possible to start dissolving granular CYA in a jug so by the time I fill the new pool I con pour the "liquid" CYA into the pool for immediate effects?

I tried to get liquid CYA, but I can't find any locally.

Nope, it is not possible to dissolve CYA in a hug or bucket.

Don't worry about it taking a while. That won't cause any problems or limitations.

It is important to relax, take a deep breath, everything will be fine.

Nope, it is not possible to dissolve CYA in a hug or bucket.

Don't worry about it taking a while. That won't cause any problems or limitations.

It is important to relax, take a deep breath, everything will be fine.

If I put enough CYA to raise it from 0 to 30, should I maintain FC as if it is 30 from day 1? And is this safe to swim in day 1?

I know the more CYA goes in, the less effective chlorine is, so I am worried that I may have too much chlorine day 1.

The day the pool is filled it is fine to swim without adding any chemicals as long as you are on municipal water. That is the same water you take a bath/shower in. Then in the evening add 2 ppm of chlorine and don't swim after that that evening.

Add CYA the first day, and start assuming it is all dissolved 24 hours later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.