Uneven AG pool

Apr 22, 2014
Naperville IL
Hey all.. I just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with a problem we're having with our AG pool. We just bought the home in Dec. and when we opened it we noticed that the ground has raised on one side. More specifically it appears that on of the posts has raised about 2-3 inches. As a result the water level on that side is approx. 2-3 inches lower than on the opposite side. I wanted some opinions before I bring out a company to take a look. The simple idea would appear to be just digging out the high side and re-leveling the pool, but having no pool construction experience I worry I would end up just causing further damage or causing a catastrophic failure. Any thoughts or experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Its definitely time for a re-level... Whether you chose to do it yourself or not is totally up to you... It may depend on a few factors, if you're not DIY'ers :) But doing yourself may take longer, but can save you substantial dollars... :)

Re-level is the answer. It can be done easily enough. (easily enough being a subjective term) Mostly its just manual labor and using a laser level or water level to get the ground even. It does require a considerable amount of digging and moving dirt by hand. If you have a tractor with a box blade or some other machinery to help, then it will be much easier.

I will definitely upload some pics when I get the chance. I am a DIYer for most things but like I said I hesitate with things I have no experience with. Am I complicating things or is it as easy as just digging under the high side and letting it settle to level? Do I have to be especially careful not to puncture or damage the bottom or are the bottoms able to withstand mild trauma while digging? Also, is it better to do it with the pool full or after closing when the water level is lower? Thanks again.

I really dont know how you can dig out the high side with the pool set up. It would be like digging under and elephants foot.
Previous posts Im sure were assuming the pool would not still be set up.

You might should wait and at least see what the pool guys say. Maybe they know some tricks....

I've seen people relevel when the pool is full, some have been successful but most have had poor results with full collapses or/and bent legs. It's just not safe to do. You need to drain the pool, move it and relevel it properly, then set the pool back up.

Man, let us know what those guys say. Im interested in what they come up with.

Hopefully, they will know some stuff I dont. *which dont take much to be honest* haha!

Divin Dave.. I thought there may have been a miscommunication.. I didn't think it would be as simple as just digging. I suppose it's probably better to see what a builder has to say about it. Thanks again!

You will be advised to disassemble the pool and redo the foundation.

Do NOT attempt to dig out around a full or even half full pool!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.