Copper

JennB

May 30, 2014
Fultondale, AL
Do you recommend anywhere to test for copper? Or a specific test I can do at home? Does it even matter what the number is when you already know it's in the pool and has to be drained anyway? This is a "left over" problem from using Algaecides last year - pre TFP knowledge. I really thought from all the back washing and refilling over winter (lots of rain) that this would not be a problem this year. Ugh! My poor blond son is showing his inner green alien after only a few swims. His hair is not terribly green yet, just a slight tint. Thanks for all your help!

Not really. Just start using sequestrant.

Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.