New Vinyl SWG Start Up

Paul & Crystal

Silver Supporter
May 25, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Hello,

We are building a new vinyl with SWG in about 3 weeks. I'm sure the pool builder will have a certain start up routine they follow on a newly built pool. I'm going to ask them exactly what they put in the water to get started and would like to know from you guys what I should insist on for starting the TFPC way. I'd like to have my plan written out in advance so I can tell them exactly how I want the water handled. I'm hoping they don't tell me that they have to do it their way or it voids my warranty. Maybe my TFPC plan won't be so different from their start up plan...not sure. I know there will be a lot of salt involved. Not sure if the builder will supply that or if I have to buy it....guess I should ask about that! Anyway....I'm trying to be prepared to get the pool started off the TFPC way from the start. Should I be finding out what is in my water supply? We have city water. I went to the website of our water co and browsed through the water report they have posted but I couldn't really make much sense of it and not sure what I should be looking for. Any advice about this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Crystal

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.