Am I adding to much bleach?

First of all, I want to thank everyone here at TFP for this wonderful site and all you do to help us newbies and guide us on the way to a sparkley pool. I haven't posted before, but have read through this site thoroughly and as a result have a beautiful pool.
I do however have a question. I am currently having to add about 1/2 a gallon of 8.25% bleach every day to my pool. I have the TFT-50 test kit and everything is fine according to pool math. My CYA is around 40 I believe. That test is kind of suggestive so I could be off some. Thhe pool gets little use during the week, but is in the direct sunlight most of the day. Does 1/2 gallon a day sound about right? Thank for the help.
photo (2).JPG

That sounds fine!

Assuming the pool is not filled to the rim, I plugged the size as 27' X 4' into poolmath and came up with 17400 gallons.

2 ppm loss per day would make it thirsty for 52 oz of 8.25% bleach per day. A jug of clorox is 121 oz, so half a jug is only 60 oz. That's pretty close. 2.3 loss per day is certainly in the reasonable range.

Oops, I almost forgot to say Welcome! :wave:

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.