Leaky DE filter

JFP

Aug 9, 2007
Although the pool is clear and pumping well; I noticed a continual dribble from the valve on top of the large DE filter. The pressure reads about 19 (start-up was 15) so I don't think I have a pressure problem (I hope). Am I missing something? Should I be concerned? Any thoughts?

JFP said:
Although the pool is clear and pumping well; I noticed a continual dribble from the valve on top of the large DE filter. The pressure reads about 19 (start-up was 15) so I don't think I have a pressure problem (I hope). Am I missing something? Should I be concerned? Any thoughts?

On the top of the filter there should be a pressure gauge and air relief valve. If the dribble is coming from the air relief valve, try tightening the part that opens and closes it. If it is from a connection, you can redo them using teflon tape.

When you shut the system off can you hear air being pulled in through the top of the filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.