The Moss build has begun!

I know I need to update my signature, and there is a lot of backstory, but here's where I am right now:
y8eje2e8.jpg

It's an important job, and I re-injured my back yesterday.

Of course we aren't as far along as we thought we'd be, just as every other pool build in history has gone.

We bought ours used, from a lovely (and wildly amusing) family that had had it installed in August of 2003. It's a 24x52 with Hayward 300lb sand filter, new 2-speed motor, deck with hillbilly engineered slide, and a Hayward Aquabug. Here is the pic from the ad they posted:
ypagazyh.jpg

The new liner, foam cove, and foam for the bottom are in the garage. TF-100 is in the kitchen waiting for Little3 and I to have some water chemistry fun (he's 11 and high functioning autistic, loves science!).

We here are DIY to the bone. We built a cabin with lumber we sawed from timber fallen on our property. :)

I'm still in the process of cleaning & painting pool parts, but hopefully we will have water next weekend.

Thanks to you all here at TFP for giving me the knowledge that led to the confidence to fulfill my lifelong dream of having a pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear you injured your back! Good luck on your install and have fun with your son and the science behind the test kit! :goodjob:

Keep posting pics! :cool:

Thank you, Casey!

My hubby says, "Getting older's not for sissies." He is a very wise man. :)

Actually, I originally injured my back almost 6 weeks ago doing a series of dead lifts followed by a series of dead rows. I knew better - knew I wasn't ready for it - but "no pain, no gain" right?
Wrong.
A few years ago I could've powered through just fine. But apparently 35 isn't as young and virile as I thought. ;)

I've rested, visited the chiropractor, and was on the mend. But all the bending over yesterday was too much too soon. Luckily I married well. My husband is very supportive. And I'm a stay at home mom, too. (Wow, could I brag any more?)

I stayed up until 2am reading (watching?) your build saga. I was skeptical, surprised, amazed, riveted. I laughed, I cried, I rejoiced. Thank you for sharing your journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just turned 36 and a skimmer box tore my shoulder up! You either get old or you die trying! I get to go to the Orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to see what he thinks about my shoulder. I haven't been to the gym since I did it in mid April and it hasn't felt like it's gotten better since. I thought, It's just a good sore, it'll be ok... NOPE! :shock: My hubby has been full throttle in the gym and doing well and he says I can power through it and work it out and I just can't. I wish I could pick a 5lb dumb bell up! I know you know what I mean!

I also can't believe we are heading on a year since our build among other things. I told him today I can't believe it's been a year and he's still with me! He said, I'm suppose to be here with you. I've been teary eyed thinking of this past year and all we've been through and that we made it. I tried to read back in the thread and it gets me. Maybe it's because that one year mark is coming up but I just couldn't tell you or anyone else how grateful I am to have what I have today.

I hope that you and your family enjoy your pool as much as Jimmy and I enjoy ours. If you have any questions, we'll help you through it! Tomorrow, we are having our granddaughter over and I hope the weather is nice enough that we can get in the pool and play with our baby! She just turned a year old! :mrgreen: I'll be taking a lot of pics!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.