Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi,

I'm new here. I've been perusing the forum, and am finally ready to post my first question.

I've had a pool for almost 4 years.

24x40 pond shaped vinyl in-ground pool. 8ft deep. Approx 30,000 gal
Pentair 1.5 hp SuperFlo single speed pump
Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 chlorine generator
Hayward HeatPro HP21104T heat pump
Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 cartridge filter
Pentair IntelliBrite 5G without controller
Waterfall with Intermatic PE24VA actuator to control flow

I've been considering upgrading my SuperFlo pump to an IntelliFlo VS or VF pump. The SuperFlo has been loud this summer, and I'm afraid it's bearings are going. If I upgrade, I might a well get an efficient variable speed pump.

While I'm upgrading, I thought I would look into more automation, such as EasyTouch or IntelliTouch, to control my pump, heater, light and waterfall.

The pump and light are both Pentair, so that should work fine. I believe the waterfall actuator is compatible with Pentair systems as well.

However, I'm not sure if the heat pump is compatible with the EasyTouch or IntelliTouch systems. The Hayward documentation says the heat pump is compatible with the ComPool controller, which I believe is the old Pentair automation system. Pentair sells a ComPool to EasyTouch upgrade kit, but I can't find documentation that says the Hayward HeatPro is compatible with either EasyTouch or IntelliTouch.

The only automation I have now is I can controller the waterfall actuator and pool light (on/off) via my Insteon home automation system.

Any help would be appreciated, as well as suggestions for alternate automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.