wrinkles on steps (steel steps, vinyl liner)

tnthudson

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2008
Central VA
Our pool is 3 years old this season, and I've noticed wrinkles forming on the top step of the pool (3 total steps). We do have what appears to be small tears in our vinyl on the lowest step, and I do have a repair kit...
Could the wrinkles on the top steps be a result of small tears on the lower step?
And how do I fix the wrinkles after I repair the tears?
thanks

Todd, whether or not the leak caused the wrinkles, the fix is the same - you've got to force them back from whence they came. I don't think that the tear in the liner effected your top step (but I could be wrong :oops: ) Make sure you follow the directions for doing the patch -- if you want some info, just let me know. Any idea what caused the rips in the liner?

Hey waste, thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure my two new dogs (Golden Retrievers) did it...the tears look suspiciously like they could have been done by claws. We just got the dogs as puppies, but by 6 months of age they were huge, and it was their first time in water...so now I've just bought a 100 gallon feeder tub for them from Tractor Supply, at least they get to get wet, anyway.
And I guess I'll just 'push' the wrinkles back, bit by bit (?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.