Question on Calcium Hardness with New Plaster Startup

May 26, 2014
Houston, TX
I had my pool replastered about two weeks ago (May 24). The CH level has varied from 200 to 250 the last two weeks. Today it was 250.
The plaster contractor gave me startup procedures from the National Plasterers Council (NPC). These procedures say the following: "After the 4th Day-calcium levels should be adjusted slowly over the 28 day period not to exceed 200 ppm." Am I OK to keep the level at 225-250 ppm or do I need to strictly follow the NPC levels? I hate to have to pump water out of the pool already to lower CH after just filling it up.
Thanks, Tom

The way I read their instructions, you shouldn't raise CH when it is already 200 or higher. But if it goes higher on it's own that is normally fine. It is not completely clear if that is what they meant or not, but it is the only possibility I can think of that makes any sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.