Recommendations for a new SWG system

May 26, 2013
Ooltewah, TN
I'm just getting ready to purchase a SWG. I'm considering the sgschlorinators.com Breeze 540 for my 20,000 gallon fiberglass pool.

Any current feedback on that system or any suggestions of a better one? Looking for overall long term value, minimal maintenance of the unit, and ease of use. I intend to install the unit myself.

My filter is the Hayward s-244T with effective filtration area of 3.14 sq ft, a filtration rate of 20 GPM/sq ft, Filtration and backwash design flow rate of 62 GPM, maximum working pressure of 50 psi; holding 300lbs of sand.
My Pump motor is the 1 HP A.O. Smith 1081 design ST1102 single speed motor
My Pump is the ¾ HP Hayward STX 2600 super pump
My Cleaner is the Dolphin Diagnostic Serial 75674AS13
My Pool is:
16 x 43 fiberglass made by sun pools of Florida (actual 15’4” x 42)
644 sq feet

I don't know much about the Breeze. It looks familiar, but whatever I am remembering had another name.

None of them are perfect. Every brand has problems at least occasionally.

We recommend getting a unit that is 1.5 to 3 times larger than the pool you have. So the size you have chosen is appropriate.

I've just recently received my Compupool CPX-36 replacement for a CPSC-48. I'm happy with it, it doesn't have bells and whistles, it produces chlorine gas. I looked/considered at getting the sgschlorinators.com Breeze 540 system as a replacement if the Compupool didn't work out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.