Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brick BBQ Pit

1. Back To Top    #1

Brick BBQ Pit

I am seriously considering building a brick backyard BBQ pit so I can do my shoulders, brisket, ribs, goat, and whatever else happens to find its way into the pit low and slow over hardwood coals. The basic premise would be to build a fire hearth on one side of the pit to burn the wood to coals, and have the cooking area on the other side. Has anyone tackled something like this? I have searched the internet (search "Wilbur D. Hog pit" to get an idea) and found some very nice pits but am still in "information gathering" mode.

Any thoughts or ideas would also be greatly appreciated, as would volunteers to build the doors since my welding skills are pretty poor . I do pay in smoked and beer....
    13,000 gal AGP, Hayward X-Stream 100 sq ft cartridge, 1 HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Pump, all on two 6-hour on cycles per day. Baquacil to BBB convert.
    "It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." - Hyman G. Rickover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brick BBQ Pit

Check out the big green egg, I have seen some pretty tasty looking stuff come off those.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html