Very new to pools. No clue what to do!

Jun 8, 2014
Hi everybody,

Just bought my first house this month. I don't have a clue how to fix these stains.

ygy6abag.jpg

u3u2uset.jpg

What kind of stains are these? Can I remove these? What things I definitely need to be a good pool owner?

Welcome! :wave:

What kind of pool is that? Plaster/concrete, fiberglass, or vinyl-lined?

Those stains could be anything - metals, organic stains, or calcium scale. What do they feel like? Can you scrape them off with a fingernail?

It helps us a lot of you can tell us what kind of pool and what kind of equipment you have, and how you test water, and what the latest test results are.

This tells you what we like to see: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/115-read-before-you-post

Welcome to the forum Abe :wave:

I think he's referring to test the water as in what your water balance is at.

Do you take a sample to a store or do you have a kit to test your water ?? If you do, what kit do you have ??

Oh, I should actually do that. Inam going to try that this weekend

Welcome to the forum Abe. :cheers:

If you don't have a proper test kit, and need help selecting one, let us know. Those numbers will become one of the most important tools in the box when it comes to maintaining your pool. The other, and first most important is knowledge. Please take some time to check out Pool School, and begin with the ABC's. Ask questions as you need to, we are here, and enjoy helping people learn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.