Do you think this method will work for stains?

samt

May 18, 2013
Long Island NY
So let me give you some details. This is my 2nd year of using the tfp method and my pool is Gin clear just like last year. I open my pool the first week of June after all the pollen and stuff has fallen from the trees.

Before opening and taking off the loop loc my pump has been running for 3 weeks with the water adjusted to prevent the famous green slime.

But when I pull the loop loc, I can see I need to do the Absobric acid treatment.

So my question is. Would I be smart to do the AA treatment first with the cover still on? Let that circulate for a few days and then adjust the Ph, TA, and FC.

I hate shocking the pool first, then a week later messing everything up with the AA.

Will AA kill algae?

It is far easier to do an AA treatment when the water is completely clear and balanced. If you do the AA treatment first, you will have a rough time killing the algae without causing the stains to return.

It is far easier to do an AA treatment when the water is completely clear and balanced. If you do the AA treatment first, you will have a rough time killing the algae without causing the stains to return.

That makes 100% sense to me. but if I don't need to shock and I start early when the water temp. Is below 60 than the above would work don't you think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.