Pentair SWG not producing chloring

Jun 27, 2011
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey folks, first time i've tried to use the SWG this season and in 24 hours hasn't shocked the pool at 100%. Had been using household bleach over the Winter and pool needed five bags of salt to get the level up, SWG led says salt is "high flashing good/good" and "Cell" light has been on constantly, just no chlorine.

36000 gallon vinyl pool, chlorine is being generated at the outlet, +5, but behind the outlet chlorine is nonexistent, maybe .5-1 after running 24 hours. SWG is made for 60k pool and at 24 hours/100%, it should be smokin. Stabilizer is testing not nearly as strong at outlet as behind outlet 0-30/at outlet, 50 behind outlet. PH is high, 7.8-8. TA is 120-180.

Pool recirculates water about every 4 hours. I realize CA might be a low, but would it eat all the chlorine in the couple of hours it takes to get back to deep end of the pool.

Any thoughts as to where to start? thanks, SR

The SWG is probably working just fine. In almost all cases zero chlorine indicates a chemistry problem, not a SWG problem.

A SWG can not be used alone to shock/SLAM a pool. That requires adding chlorine rapidly, but a SWG is designed to add chlorine very slowly and steadily.

I recommend following the SLAM instructions in the How To section of Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.