Pool season also equals vacation season......

Task

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 18, 2013
West Grove, PA
This is my first summer ever maintaining a pool. Thanks to this site, my pool sparkly clear. Ever since I slammed it, I've gotten numerous compliments not only about the cleanliness and clarity of my water, but also about the lack of "pool smell" and the natural "feel" of the water.

My question is, when I go on vacation this summer (long weekend at the beach here and there, and also a 4-7 day trip later this summer), I'm dreading coming home to a green pool since I won't be home to maintain the pool. I figured for any long weekends, I can probably just jack my FC up a few extra notches before I leave and then get right back on it once I return. Buy what to do if I'm gone for nearly a week? I plan on taking a trip later this summer like I said, but we haven't decided on the length of time we will be gone (4-7 days). Is this an instance for floating some dichlor pucks in the pool while I'm gone or will I be ok spiking my pool with an extra gallon or two of bleach?

Not a bad idea. I didn't think of that. I definitely have a couple of neighbors that would be willing to throw a bit of bleach in the pool for me in exchange for allowing them to take a swim in the August heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.