New Intex pool owner

Jun 7, 2014
Dallas, Texas
We are first time owners of an Intex, 12'X30" pop-up pool for the 'grands' to play in. I have read that household bleach is good to use to keep in clean. How often should I use liquid bleach? Will 3/4 of a cup be sufficient for approximately 1400-1500 gallons of water? (one place says 1440, one says 1485) Should I only put it in in the evening? And…one more thing…how long do they have to wait to get in after the bleach is added? (PLEASE say it's not too long…they are READY! lol) I have, contrary to popular belief, read the book, however, I am just concerned I will do something wrong. Thank you for all your help.
:swim: :swim: :swim:

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

You need to learn to use PoolMath to tell you how much bleach to add. You also need to maintain the pH in the 7s and you need to get some stabilizer in the water to protect the FC from the sun.

You should only need to add about 3/4 cups each day, but ideally you test and add as needed.

Check this page out in Pool School: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/155-guide-for-seasonal-temporary-pools

Forgot the most important question, you can swim about 30 minutes after adding the bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.