Florida
Was out of town....the first problem.

My mother went out to pool store and got these readings:

FC - 2.7
pH - 7.7
Total Alk - 95
Calcium - 75
CYA - 55

based on some conversation she had, they sold her yellow algaecide, muriatic acid, and phosphate remover!

I came home and the pool is really milky and for some reason, even though I thoroughly cleaned the filter my PSI is up to 25 and I can feel and see majorly decreased pressure in the jets. It's a real mess.

Since I've been back I added correct levels of chlorine and have done everything I can to clean clean clean the filter and still not making progress....

ANY HELP!???!!

Too much was added too close together and they interacted. Usually it's cal-hypo that reacts with the phos-free and creates the milk.... Who knows what was in the yellow-out?

Here's just one recent thread discussing the phenomenon:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/75164-PB-didn-t-listen-Phos-Free-will-it-cause-damage

Use the search box for milky phos-free or something similar and you'll find more.

I don't see what type of filter you have, but it's going to be a mess for a while, until all that sludge gets filtered out. We have tutorials on doing a thorough cleaning on DE and Sand Filters. Cartridge filters are the same as usual.

Just keep cleaning the filter as frequently as it needs it and it should clear up the cloudiness (eventually).

The sodium bromide is going to cause you to use extra chlorine for some while. Usually it is a lot extra just at first, and then just a little extra for weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.