Paint steel walls during install?

Blueskies21

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2011
Middle TN
So I'm probably nuts but my background is aviation and I'm used to seeing metal Zinc Chromated. Plus having uncoated metal where it could contact water (in the case of leaks) seems like a bad idea. I didn't want polymer walls because I was concerned about the long term durabilty of plastic (maybe completely unfounded). We're stalled on the pool right now and I'm VERY tempted to buy some cans of cold galvanizing spray paint and coat the walls. Bad idea? Good idea? Talk me off the ledge?

I haven't seen anything from the manufacturer that suggests painting but I was just thinking a painted surface resists corrosion better. I don't know, maybe I'm nuts. Maybe it would void the warranty or have some other disastrous consequences. I just tend to over-do things and it seems like this would be an easy thing to do that would fall in the "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" but maybe not. That's why I wanted feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.