First test with TF-100

Jun 22, 2008
Well, I took my first tests with my new TF -100 today. Today was also the day that the setup guy came out. I filled the pool Friday night, and started treating Saturday night, using what I learned here with the basic test kit that came with the pool. So I have had it up and running for 4 days counting today, and the setup guy was curious about what I was using. I had told him over the phone that when he fixed the plumbing leaks, that I wanted the Frog taken out. His manager absolutely refused to allow him to do that. When he told her that I was treating it myself, she replied sarcastically, "Probably bleach!". This made him very curious, so he asked me about what I was doing. I referred him to this site, and tried to explain to him as well as I could about the BBB method, reminding him that I was a newbie. He said in the 3 years that he has done this work, NO ONE has told him that they had a plan beforehand on how to maintain their pool. He left the BacPac, but said he would not even bother putting it in. My results were as follows:

FC - 6
TC - 6
CC - 0
ph - 7.2
TA - 50
CH - did not test
CYA - did not test (added 3 lbs yesterday per the pool calculator)

You should bring your TA up to between 70 and 90 with baking soda. That will also raise the PH a little, which will be good.

You should test your CH level every once in a long while. Low CH isn't an issue, but high CH levels could cause problems.

Many builders get paid to put the Frog in. I suspect that is why they don't want to take it out.

Just got in from a business trip. I treated with baking soda after the first tests, and the TA came up slightly, as did the pH. After this latest test, I added bleach and baking soda as per the calculator ( with my FC goal as 4,and the TA goal at 70, to come up slowly). I removed the Frog myself this evening.

FC - 1
TC - 1
CC - 0
ph - 7.5
TA - 60

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.