Choosing a PB, quote thoughts

Jun 6, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hello

We have finally decided to install a pool and was looking for some feedback and thoughts regarding the two quotes received. I am not educated in this field and the little knowledge I do have is from Q/A with the builders and minimal internet research. quick history..

In 2011 I received quotes from two builders but at that time, we decided to hold off till now. I primarily worked with atlas pool over the last copy of months, designing our pool to fit our budget. Our sales rep has been onsite twice if you included his initiate visit in 2011. All was situated and we scheduled an appt to pick pavers, colors and sign contracts. However, at last minute, I decided to get another quote from the other builder I reached out to in 2011, all seasons pools.
Their quote was roughly $2000 cheaper and had standards that Atlas considered upgrades or unnecessary. I modified the quote from All season to add additional features since we had that extra $2000 to spend.

Here is the quote from All Seasons for 33,300 (negotiating to 32500)
Here is the information regarding the pool and what is included--Highlighted in red are the additional features either included or added.

359 sf pool per design provided
Raised area with 1 -- 3 ft sheer descent waterfall
Small machine excavation​
Paver deck with brick coping around pool and raised areas (389 sf) Choice of color and pattern
Automatic overflow system so pool will not over flow
elevation to be set level with existing patio
Paver deck footer (12x12) under perimeter of deck
Turndown on back of raised areas
Custom waterline tile (your choice)
1--Parascope water feature per design
Debris Catcher Main Drains system MDXr3
Leaf Canister debris removal system
ECO-POOL circulation/cleaning system

8 spd Variable spd pump E-series by Jandy
Mini-Pebble interior finish (choice of 4 colors) Lifetime warranty
Child safety fence around perimeter of pool
Aqua Pure salt system or Ozone system--choice of at no charge with coupon on June 7 I have a choice and leaning towards the Salt Systems.. Thoughts?
Remove and replace fence for access
Colored LED light in pool
Total = 33,300.00

Other items included:
On=-site construction managers
Dedicated scheduling team
On-Line tracking system with target completion date provided
1 month pool service after build
Pool instruction at your home with pool technician
Lifetime warranty on pool shell, underground plumbing and limited lifetime on paver decking
All warranties as implied (3yr) on all JANDY equipment

And here is the quote from Atlas (attached) Cost is $33,257.00
pool 1.jpg

Lifetime Warranty On Gunite Shell.
Lifetime Warranty On Underground Plumbing.
Lifetime limited warranty on pebble interior finish
Three year warranty on pool equipment (parts & labor)
Three Year Tile & 18 Month Deck Warranty.

Eco-pool floor return system is an additional $1280 Not included in bid
The pump is a Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump.
The screen footer would add $883.00 to the cost. Originally wasn't included but they have add this for free.
We would be responsible for remove fence panels.. Other company included in quote.

Pool design is the same for both builders and attached
pool2.jpg

IM suck in an ethical dispute with myself as I feel alliance to Atlas since they have done so much work getting to this point. However, All Season pools seems to give me more for my money.
Researching reviews, there are several negative reviews noted on BBB for All season but resolved over time. Not many found for Atlas
All season has 1 review on Angie's list which is positive whereas Atlas has 28 reviews with most positive. But companies are reputable and have been doing business for years.

Thank you for your input and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to read this length post

On the pool design I like everything except the pop up cleaner system as I have read too many horror stories of problems developing with them. Personally I would rather have a good robotic cleaner. I don't feel right about making any comment of pricing other than to say low bidder is not always the way to go.

Ike

Wow! I can't believe you are getting all that for that price! Thank you for posting such a detailed outline of your bids. We are currently getting bids in Oklahoma City and have a budget of $40k max. It's exhausting. Our bids for a vinyl 16 x 36 salt water, variable speed pentaire pump, pentaire 420 cartridge filter, 1 colored pentaire light, stamped concrete coping edge (looks like stone, but not), 3 ft concrete decking around pool...extra decking is $5 per sq. ft. more which will cost us an additional $3-4K (we really wanted a paver deck but that would be $5-7K more) safety cover, pentaire racer, No Spa (which we really wanted) No waterfalls or other water effects, no sun deck or swim outs, are coming in at $35-39K. And we still have to pay at least $2k for the electrical. Maybe I will show some of these OKC builders what you can get in Florida and it will help our cause!!! Thanks again for the great post. From where I stand it looks like you will do well with either...$2K is not much difference so I'd probably go with the builder you feel most comfortable with. Please keep us posted on your progress!

If we did your exact pool in okc in concrete it would be a minimum of $50k.

Crystal

Don't get the ozone system. Get the SWG system. Seems to me the bids are pretty close. Go with the one you feel would do the best job. It seems like Atlas has more reviews, so maybe they would be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys. I tried to provide as much detail as possible knowing it would help when providing feedback.

On the pool design I like everything except the pop up cleaner system as I have read too many horror stories of problems developing with them. Personally I would rather have a good robotic cleaner. I don't feel right about making any comment of pricing other than to say low bidder is not always the way to go.

Ike

Thanks for the feedback. The bids are pretty similar in price. I will see if any additional cost if I remove the Cleaner system for the robotic cleaner. Though, the cleaning system also helps with circulation from what I have read. We are also not enclosing the pool at this time thus we thought this would help with any leaves, dirt, etc.. I have read some issues regarding the cleaning system and the pop ups failing.

Wow! I can't believe you are getting all that for that price! Thank you for posting such a detailed outline of your bids. We are currently getting bids in Oklahoma City and have a budget of $40k max. It's exhausting. Our bids for a vinyl 16 x 36 salt water, variable speed pentaire pump, pentaire 420 cartridge filter, 1 colored pentaire light, stamped concrete coping edge (looks like stone, but not), 3 ft concrete decking around pool...extra decking is $5 per sq. ft. more which will cost us an additional $3-4K (we really wanted a paver deck but that would be $5-7K more) safety cover, pentaire racer, No Spa (which we really wanted) No waterfalls or other water effects, no sun deck or swim outs, are coming in at $35-39K. And we still have to pay at least $2k for the electrical. Maybe I will show some of these OKC builders what you can get in Florida and it will help our cause!!! Thanks again for the great post. From where I stand it looks like you will do well with either...$2K is not much difference so I'd probably go with the builder you feel most comfortable with. Please keep us posted on your progress!

If we did your exact pool in okc in concrete it would be a minimum of $50k.

Crystal

Wow, I am surprise to hear that. probably more competition here in Florida with this being an ideal location for a pool. Your outline at 35-39k seems very similar to what Atlas is offering me except with pavers. That appears to add quite a bit to your cost.
I wish you well in your search.

Don't get the ozone system. Get the SWG system. Seems to me the bids are pretty close. Go with the one you feel would do the best job. It seems like Atlas has more reviews, so maybe they would be best.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was leaning towards the SWG as many fear the Ozone system just isn't doing what it should. Any yes, I am leaning towards atlas since I have worked with them over the months even though they are offering less.

Do you all think I should send the All pools quote to Atlas? I'm trying to squeeze as much out of them as possible. Just seeing the quote from All Pools, I feel like I can get another feature out of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.