Lowering FC

fozzie

Gold Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
This is the first summer with our pool. Last couple days water testing have been very consistent....haven't even had to add acid to lower the pH.

pH 7.5
FC 11
CC 0
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 80

My question is about how to lower the FC. I know it's safe to swim and all but it really doesn't need to be that high I don't think. We haven't been in the pool yet because the water is too cold (no heater, yet), 72 deg. So I'm trying to figure out my pump run time with the SWG %. We have pump set for 12 hours on, 12 hours off. I had SWG at 40% three days ago, and each day I would lower the percentage and tonight after testing and seeing the FC was STILL at 11 (for the last 3 days), it's now set to 0% and I will test again tomorrow evening. Would it make sense to just shut off the SWG until the FC level drops? Using the TF-100 test kit.

Thanks!

That is way more pump run time than you need. I would shorten that and see where the FC settles.

My pool is bigger with the same SWG, I run 8 hours at 50%, so you likely need less than that.

That is way more pump run time than you need. I would shorten that and see where the FC settles.

My pool is bigger with the same SWG, I run 8 hours at 50%, so you likely need less than that.

Thanks....didn't know it was okay to run pump that short of time on account of keeping the dirt filtered out and all, we have a lot of trees around. Do you do the 8 hours during the day or at night, or doesn't it matter? Thought I read somewhere that daytime is better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.