Pump question/low flow

May 19, 2014
pennsylvania
When I start my pump it runs good and completely fills with water to the lid. I have great return pressure coming from the return jets. After a few hours of running my filter pressure goes from about a 9 to 15. During this time the flow coming from the return jets is much weaker and the pump is no longer strongly pumping water the entire way to the lid, maybe just 3/4th full.

Is the filter pressure causing this? Something is causing the pump to not pull water like it does when it's first started. Could I possibly have a leak on the return side? My water level has dropped roughly an inch just the past week. Seems kinda excessive for just evaporation. Is there anyway to check this? Ideas? Thanks

What you're describing sounds like a clogging filter. I think a good cleaning will fix it.

To check for a leak, set a plastic bucket on the step and fill it with water. Mark the water level inside the bucket and outside the bucket. If it's evaporation, they'll both drop the same. If it's a leak, the bucket will have dropped less than the pool.

Wind affects evaporation more than temperature. An inch a week doesn't sound bad to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.