Replacing origional light transformer with an Intermatic PX300

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello All,
My pool light power supply was having issues, I could tap it and it would start working. That lasted for about 6 months. Today I took some time and my multimeter to trouble shoot the issue.
It turned out to be the fuse holder has corroded/rotted/cracked. Unfortunately the power supply doesn't' come apart and I can't replace the holder.

So for $90 I'm getting an Intermatic PX300. It should be here in a few days.

I may keep the unit, drill out the rivets that hold things together and see what I can do with it. Maybe replace the fuse holder and get it working.

PX 300 inside image.jpgInstalled today. Went pretty easy. I had a moment of brilliance, I was able to swap the wires leads so they matched my wiring setup (high voltage/low voltage sides).
All I had to do was unscrew the ground bar, swap the wires around and reconnect the ground bar. Works like a charm!

The above is how they come. I swapped the white and two black wires to opposite sides and the associated black/blue/yellow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.