Hello from a newbie pool owner

Hi all, been lurking for a few months here and there and have learned quite a bit already. I've owned a pool since Sept '13 and am looking to become a competent pool owner. I work in pharmaceuticals so I'm not totally green when it comes to chemistry concepts needed for proper pool maintenance. :mrgreen:

I had a company close the pool last fall because my wife and I had our hands full with a 7 month old baby boy and a new house. We had no time nor the energy to try to close our pool ourselves.

We hope to start the opening process tomorrow. Needless to say, we are extremely excited and very eager to use our pool. I've already had some drama with the pool pump motor and am currently putting the finishing touches on the rebuild. Anyone that recognizes what my SN means will know I should be able to rebuild (I hope at least) the motor. Anyway, just saying hello and looking forward to learning more as I go!

Thanks jblizzle for the recommendations! I definitely want one of those kits. I'll have to put in a purchase order to the wife and see if it gets approved. =) Right now I have a cheapo HTH 6-way I picked up at Walmart. Hopefully that'll lead me in the right direction before I get a TFT kit. I took a peek at the water last week from under my safety cover and the water looked pretty good. Granted it was at the shallow end, but I could see clear to the bottom. We'll see how it goes I guess...