How much calcium in cal hypo?

ChrisL

Apr 3, 2007
I know I've seen this, but I cannot find it. How much calcium does a given weight of cal hypo add to the pool? I am considering getting some 73% cal hypo to add calcium to the pool while chlorinating to get my calcium readings to readable levels. I can do the math on the % in each pound of stuff I put in the pool, but I cannot find the basic answer to this question. Thanks

Thanks for the quick responses. The bleach calc tells how much calcium chloride one would need, but I was considering using calcium hypochlorite for both chlorination and to raise my calcium a little. If the Bleach Calc has this calculation, I am not smart enough to find it. I know it was posted one time in Pool Forum, but I can't seem to find, how much calcium does calcium hypochlorite have per pound. This would determine whether I buy a 25 lb bucket or, say, a 50 lb bucket of the stuff.
Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.