OK, pool is clean and clear, readings look decent....next step?

BLUR2U

May 28, 2014
New Haven, KY
Already, I have all the algae and stuff out of pool, has been slammed, readings look pretty decent. Any suggestions for slight adjustments to keep it that way? I feel like I may need to raise the PH a little?? More CYA?

Also, keep in mind I basically live in the middle of the woods, pool gets full sunlight but lots of different trees and plants around. not sure how that will affect where I want to keep my chemical levels?

Temp 80
FC 3.0
TC 3.0
PH 7.2
Alk 140
CYA 22

Thanks for everyones help so far! looking forward to actually enjoying my pool this year and not hating it! :)

Numbers look good. I would get the CYA up to at least 30. I would wait to see which way the PH trends. Mine tends to creep up on its own. If yours starts to go down I might try to raise it up, but I would wait and see.
Mark

Don't forget to pat yourself on the back :p

How'd you get a CYA reading of 22? I'm just curious on the test used. If it's a trustworthy test, I'd also suggest raising that to 30-40, It's amazing what a little CYA will do to prevent the sun destruction of CL.

What chemical can I used as conditioner? I must have missed that in my research??

On the CYA it was slightly below the 20 mark when the black circle disappeared, I compared it to the 30 mark and it appeared to be about 1/4 of the distance so the 22 is really a guess...but I know it was higher than 20 and not halfway to 30.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.