Spreading the word

DLSDO

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 27, 2007
Midwest
Was talking to a new pool owner today. Asked him how it was going. He told me everything was going great with his pool but now its a little cloudy and he has been fighting "stuff" on his steps. He has a vinyl liner and uses trichlor. He was told that the "stuff" is likely related to metals or phosphates. The pool store has him adding everything EXCEPT chlorine. I asked him what his CYA level is and he looked at me like I had 4 heads.

I directed him to this site and told him he likely has algae, needs to get a good test kit and figure out his CYA....which is likely through the roof.

He said he was about ready to fill in his pool with dirt!!

That's being a good neighbor. I'm a good neighbor(but I won't tell them about TFP).

I know when the next door people are having a party on the weekend when I see them carry boxes of stuff (BioGuard)and dump it in the pool on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I know they have been to the PS. I then plan my weekend to not mow the grass(to many kids and people around and the noise) or plan on getting to bed before midnight.(loud music) My grandkid was over there for one party and when I walked over to watch her, I could smell the chlorine while standing next to the pool; but the pool was clear. I don't know what they did after they borrowed my TF test kit except to know they ran me out of the CYA reagent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.