Going with the 12x24x52 intex. Which pump filter to upgrade too?

Jul 3, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Ok weve decided "bigger is better" so we are going with the intex 12x24x52 pool. Ordering it today. It comes with a sand pump that I think you all agree is not helpful with the amount of gallons we will need to clean. Can anyone recommend a better filter/pump and if I will need different fittings for the new filter/pump than the ones intex provides? I need to go back and re read pool school since it has been years since we've done this but I'd like to order what I will need today. I'll also need to get a new test set from here.
Thank you for any help.

Jenn

I have the same pool being delivered on Tuesday and am wondering the same thing. I have the saltwater system that I purchased a couple of years ago and didn't use because I couldn't get enough water flow that I want to try, as well as either a gas heater or solar panels(still undecided if I have enough sun).

An above ground 1hp pump and any style of filter that can handle the flow rate from the pump, the bigger the better.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/160-pool-filter-comparison

Of course you will have to install regular pool fittings, and either hard plumb or buy pool rated pressure hoses to fit. Search the forums for ideas on how to do this. There are many of us (Intex owners) that have taken that step. Much better overall filtration and circulation.

FilterSize.jpg

This chart is about 1/2 the minimum we recommend for filter sizing. If you can afford to triple the size shown in the chart for your water volume, do it. You will not regret the decision.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.