Jandy valve connection question

We have a Pentair 6-way valve (model SM2-20-2/SM2-PP2) on our older pool. The backwash port looks like 1.5" threaded to ~2" slip on PVC union. I want to replace this with a NH threaded union for a fire hose that I bought. I know very little about pump pad construction and PVC connections, but it looks like the slip-on union is glued to the valve. Is this likely? If so, is there anyway I can remove it? Or will I have to cut my new fire hose? :(
Thanks for any input!

It is common to glue directly to a multi-port valve. However if you have a threaded connection present, it should be possible to unscrew the existing threaded connection and then attach an appropriate adapter there.

Whatever the situation actually is, you will need to attach an appropriate adapter, and that is easy enough to do regardless. If you post a photo we can give more specific advice.

If it is glued you will want to find a pipe size that can be glued to the fitting and then glue the correct adapter to that.

Chances are it is just very tight. It is not common to glue threaded fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.