I was dealing with an algae problem since I couldn't hold my FC overnight. I shocked for almost a week to try to hold it overnight and thought it was taken care of. Apparently it wasn't because once again the FC won't hold overnight. But I just used an AA treatment 4 days ago and was told I couldn't shock for 2 weeks. But I'm going on vacation on Sunday and will come back to a pool with no chlorine during all that time. If I shock now, my pool will be stained but at least my SWG will hold the chlorine level while I'm gone. Or should I have the dog sitter pour some chlorine every day to just keep semi clean till we get back? I wasn't sure if a stain gets harder to remove after it sets all that time.