Dead algae ob bottom of pool

Apr 30, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
Last few days did the SLAM process and pool was clear last night. I tested the FC level at 10pm and it was 15. I knew that was low for SLAM but I wanted to see if it dropped by the morning to know if algae was gone.

This morning my test results were:

FC 16
CYA 50
TA 100
PH 7.5
CC .5

There are clumps of dead algae in the shallow section of the pool. How the FC level went up....I don't know unless I messed up the test. Since the FC level did not go down....can I assume the algae is gone? I will vacuum up what is on the floor of the pool but I am afraid of it all happening again.

Just need some thoughts and suggestions. This has been a long process of testing and brushing and I really don't want to do it again!

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!

A 1 PPM difference at that level is test/sample error and nothing to worry about.

Get the Algae out of the bottom and wherever else, You'll know when you are done by passing all three SLAM criteria with no question in your mind that all are good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.