New here and cant wait to start learning! Soon to be above ground owner!

Jun 5, 2014
Brentwood, Ca (Nor-Cal)
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all! :)

With the heat fast approaching in Northern California, My GF and I are looking at a about ground Pro-Series 16x48 (on sale for $300!) as a investment for this summer. :p Even if it lasts a few years, awesome LOL!

Kind of excited as its our first purchase together, I plan on taking out some of my lawn, leveling and capping sprinklers then make a border of rock or mulch with some plants around the pool. My grandfather had a in-ground and he was def a pool man, he raised me so I must learn as he recently passed away :(

Thank you for a great site and glad I was linked to here :)

Usually like a weekend job? I have a local yard I can get sand from. Builder or play/coarse sand work?

My area currently
3yveqate.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So short run down:
1. Remove sod
2. Use say a 10' 2x4 (for 16' pool) with level taped on
3.Remove high side until even
4. Set pavers on ground and fill with sand, recheck levelness paver to paver and from center
5.Wet sand so it settles
6. Lay tarp (or foam then tarp
7. Put up pool

#4. Do I set pavers on ground and make area surrounding paver with sand or bury in ground.

Can I use my outside power plug on back of house on patio if GFCI? It's about 20 ft from the pool

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Plan to spend waaaaay too long getting the surface ready. Stockpile Motrin and beer before you start.

Here's a couple really good threads you should read.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/72076-Building-27-AG-Pool
http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/75757-I-need-advice-on-leveling-my-ground

If you scroll through the construction and above ground forums, look for long and or starred and or intriguing threads. See what others have done that works, and what others have done that were terrible ideas. That's the beauty of this forum: you don't have to make every mistake yourself!

On my first intex, I ran a 25 foot extension cord to pump, it was hooked up to GFCI electrical box. I did use a heavy duty 12 gauge 3 prong cord. If it was the "right" or "proper" thing to do..... I don't know? But, I didn't have any problems for two years with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
well its filled and up! Now for chemicals ekkkk! First TF-100 test wasnt bad, I was scared when I opened it and felt overwhelmed LOL!

FC -2 (4 drops)

CC- 0.5

Total Chlorine- 2.5

CH- It turned blue right after adding the R-0010 (maybe due to water softener?)

TA- 90 (9 drops it took)

CYA- 0 (filled the whole tube and can still see the black dot, no chem in pool!)

OKay....So..Bought a Intex Ultra Frame 26' x 52" pool. (15000 gallons) The filter that comes with these pools just can't keep up. Want to upgrade to a sand filter, but don't want to buy something either too small or too large. Suggestions please.....I also have a Salt water system by Intex...HELP !!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.