Adjust PH or TA first?

I need to raise my PH and my TA. I have an in-ground vinyl, and use BBB almost exclusively. Does it matter whether I put in the Borax or Baking Soda first? I think I've heard that TA should be adjusted first, is it possible that if I raise my TA, my PH will come up some also just from adding the Baking Soda?

TA is 50, PH is 7.0. Usually my TA stays around 80 and PH around 7.6-7.8 without much adjustment, but we have had several inches of rain lately.

It's not terribly critical, but I think I'd adjust pH first. pH is the easiest to adjust.

That way, if the pH drifts off target when you adjust your alk, it is quite simple to fine tune the pH at the end.

Great, I'll add half the recommended amount of Borax first, retest for PH and TA, and then go from there. I may also cut on my deck jets to see if the aeration will bring it up some. I tend to overshoot when adjusting my PH, then have to go get muriatic acid.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.