First TF-100 test results

Omarf4

May 16, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Hey gang,
Got my TF-100 kit earlier in the week and have been itching to test my saltwater 25,000 gallon concrete (gunite??) pool....... Here we're my results as of today:
Ph 7.8 (good there).
Salt 3600 (although the internal panel says 3500).
FC 6.5 (lots of aeration due to spa fill construction and waterfalls).
CC 1
TC 7.5 ( think its normal per pool school. Thoughts?)
CH 450 (ok, I know this is high. Water is super clear and clean).
TA 130

My biggest red flag is TA being so high.......not sure impact of aeration...

Pool is on full automation, swg, intelliflo variable pump, de filter (cleaned last week), zodiac mx6 cleaner and runs for 8 hours per day on 2350 rpm with 6 psi pressure on de filter.

Penny for your thoughts on CH and TA readings.........

Hey gang,
Got my TF-100 kit earlier in the week and have been itching to test my saltwater 25,000 gallon concrete (gunite??) pool....... Here we're my results as of today:
Ph 7.8 (good there).
Salt 3600 (although the internal panel says 3500).
FC 6.5 (lots of aeration due to spa fill construction and waterfalls).
CC 1
TC 7.5 ( think its normal per pool school. Thoughts?)
CH 450 (ok, I know this is high. Water is super clear and clean).
TA 130

My biggest red flag is TA being so high.......not sure impact of aeration...

Pool is on full automation, swg, intelliflo variable pump, de filter (cleaned last week), zodiac mx6 cleaner and runs for 8 hours per day on 2350 rpm with 6 psi pressure on de filter.

Penny for your thoughts on CH and TA readings.........
Biggest flag to me is the 1 CC and the lack of a CYA reading. How do you know if the FC level is adequate?

CC could be leftover crud if you got a lot of construction debris in there. Give it a day to dissipate and see.

You can't do much about CH but work around it or drain some water. I'd leave it alone for now.
TA will go down over time as you lower the pH, which you should. With that high CH, you want to keep pH towards the low end, even with a SWG.

Thanks, to be clear, no recent construction....just the way the spa fills up, it overflows into the pool.....

Busted there on the cya reading....didn't get to it but will test it tomorrow.

Regarding the ph reading, so you'd recommend adding acid to lower it down even further? When you say low end of ph, does that mean low 7's? Have very young kids and want to make sure it doesn't melt them away...(although sometimes I could use the peace for a few hours)......

Thanks, to be clear, no recent construction....just the way the spa fills up, it overflows into the pool.....

Busted there on the cya reading....didn't get to it but will test it tomorrow.

Regarding the ph reading, so you'd recommend adding acid to lower it down even further? When you say low end of ph, does that mean low 7's? Have very young kids and want to make sure it doesn't melt them away...(although sometimes I could use the peace for a few hours)......
The pH range for pools is 7.2>7.8. For a SWG, it's usually recommended to keep between 7.5>7.8. In your case, I'd stay down in the 7.2>7.6 range lest you start growing Calcium scale. It's like grow-your-own sandpaper and will leave road rash on elbows and knees and ankles and toes.

Check that CYA level and maintain enough FC so that CC goes away and you don't get algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.