Newbie Here!

Jun 5, 2014
texas
Hello All! I've read a bit about getting chems right here, I struggled and subsequently gave up last year, just got the pool filled today, and refuse to give it up this year! I've been reading that instead of using raw chlorine, i can use household bleach is this correct? I'm excited to learn what i need to do, and look forward to getting the knowledge that this site is sure to have! Thanks in advance, and if you have any tips or other suggestions, I'm an open book!

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

There is no reason to give up! Please read :lookhere: Test Kit Comparison. You are going to need a good reliable test kit. It is the biggest tool in managing your pool and giving it what it needs, when it needs it! Your best option is the TF100 XL. It is the best test kit for the money as you will be getting more reagents than the K2006. :goodjob:

Now that we have that out of the way, you're going to need to find a comfy chair, a drink and whatever else comes to mind and read :lookhere:
Pool School, namely :lookhere: ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

If you have any questions after ordering your kit and starting on the ABC's, ask because we're here to help you clear your pool and make it as trouble free as you want it to be! You just have to want to learn the way! :cool:

What kind of pool do you have? You can add it to your signature with your pump specs in the settings. :goodjob:

Welcome to the Matrix :cool:

Raw Chlorine and Household bleach are exactly the same stuff, just different concentrations. Most overpriced pool chemicals are chemically identical to stuff you can buy at the grocery store, hardware store, or warehouse club for ½ to ¼ the price. But the labels and packaging aren't as pretty.

Add this to your assigned reading list: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/139-recommended-pool-chemicals

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.