Brand new pool owner and lost is the only way to put it...

Jun 5, 2014
Knoxville,TN
Ok, here is my issue and I am hoping someone can help me out. Just bought a house that came with an above ground pool. Its a 24" wide pool. Not sure on the depth yet because it has had a big tarp nailed over it. We tore the tarp off yesterday and the liner seems to be ok. It looks fine and it holding water. There is pretty much about a 3 foot deep frog infested swamp in it right now. We have bought an Intex crystal clear sand pump filter and an Intex clearwater saltwater system for it. The research I did seemed to show that they would work with our pool. I am still curious to whether or not that is true as well. But I want to know if I should drain the pool and start from scratch or would it be cost effective to just try to "shock" the water that in it? I really have no clue. I would be super appreciative if someone could just kinda give me a good tutorial on what I should do to get this thing to where we could actually swim in it. So I am going to open this up for the pool gurus and hopefully someone can give us some advice. Thank you so much in advance.

Step 1 order a quality test kit, see my signature for the TF-100 link

Step 2, while you wait on the test kit spend some time reading the pool school link in the upper right of this page, pay particular attention to the clearing a swamp article

Step 3, depending on test results, probably follow the SLAM procedure in pool school

What they said.

Also look at your equipment and Pool tools. Skimmer net? Leaf rake? Brush? Physically clearing the bottom of the pool before even starting with chemicals can be a big help. Not to mention wildlife.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.