Hello (New Member)

DrS

Jun 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Hello. My name is DrS and I have a rather large in/out ground pool in NC. I do a lot of my own maint. but do get stumped from time to time. I look forward over the summer to getting tips an tricks from the experts here.

My next "adventure" will be changing out the base of one of my Pentair 520 filter systems which developed a crack. I will post a different thread about the repair / replacement. Later I plan to change out the salt systems and lastly i expect some good advice on how to program the control units.

Thanks in advance!

(Here is a photo of the pool!)IMG_0275.jpg

WOW WOW WOW!!! What a beautiful pool and view!

When can we come over? :mrgreen:

Welcome to TFP!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello and thank you for all the kind words.

To answer a few questions,

The pool is just shy of Jr Olympic size or about 75 meters.
We started it in 2003 and it was 95% finished by late 2005.
I say 95% because the company building it went belly up and it was never fully completed on the mechanical end.
It holds about 250,000 gals.
I do the majority of my own maintenance but some things are just beyond my skill or need two people.
Due to my inexperience during the design phase, we were sold a few items we never needed or never worked. Like the "in floor" cleaning system.
Below the negative edge is a hot tub!

A few more pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00328.jpg
    DSC00328.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 57
yeah. More than a few of us have had the wool pulled over our eyes too. Every single time I look at a couple of things on my pool, it burns me up!!

Hello and thank you for all the kind words.
Due to my inexperience during the design phase, we were sold a few items we never needed or never worked. Like the "in floor" cleaning system.

Check out the date code on the tank. It may be a later tank in which case it is 6061 - which doesn't have the issues. If your shop is willing to fill it - it's highly doubtful its a 6351 tank, fill techs are crazy paranoid about those exploding.

Just have to ask. From looking at the hot tub and the wall behind it does it act as a waterfall from the pool above ??

Ok, it's official I hate you !!

That must just be amazing and likely more so in the evening if you have it lighted correctly and from how everything else looks I'm sure you do.

Is it separate from the pool or do you "overfill" the pool for the waterfall effect ?? You really need to post a photo of the falls !!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.