Looking to buy Pro Series 14x42, review and setup tips?

Jun 5, 2014
Brentwood, Ca (Nor-Cal)
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all, my gf and I are looking at getting a above ground pool for the house this summer. Gets high 90s to 100+ around here. Anyone have experience with these styles?

Heard good things so far. Going to put it on the lawn but that's easy to reseed, I heard you can leave up all year if you want, true? Any links or tips appreciated.

Did you put sand down over the lawn or remove lawn? Best way to level with 2x4 and level taped on. I will place of course where no sprinkler heads are but what about sprinkler spray?

I'm thinking of doing it once and right so I can leave up. sand to level with a 3 ft bark or rock border with plants.

Opinions on ProSeries? Is it made by Intex? Can't find much online about them.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/ProSeries-14-X-42-Metal-Frame-Swimming-Pool-with-Deluxe-Kit/33154209

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

You want to remove the grass to avoid rotting under the pool. The key is to get the area level by lowering the high side, NEVER raising the low side without special considerations.

There are lots of build threads you can search for showing the process of leveling the ground.

Good luck and post pictures :goodjob:

Area I plan to convert to a pool space, most likely 20x20. Can I just cap my unused sprinklers on that side?

y8yryna7.jpg

Other side of the far overhang post
gu4a5a7e.jpg

ybu8e3e7.jpg

Good luck with your build. Make sure the ground is level the first time so you're not wasting water out there in CA and time! :goodjob:

Why thank you, so pavers for the legs go even with the sand correct? Going to buy the 16x48 this weekend while on sale. My biggest concern is leveling. 10 or 8' 2x4" mounted with level sounds like my best friend

I have the 16x48 pro... and while I do like the skimmer... but now that I know now about the inadequate pump, and the likelyhood of upgrading to a sand filters which I did after having mine only two weeks. I might have just bought the intex and a hayward skimmer for the intex and cut the liner as others have done here.

I have had a heck of a time finding a way to adapt the pro series over to the intex sand filter. Just food for thought.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The connections for the skimmer and the return are 1.5" on the pro series and not quite 1.5" on the intex. I think they are 1.25" so it's not a direct connection. I had to get adapters and get creative. There is probably a better way, probably using PVC and adapting the intex screw on hoses to a smaller pipe or hose then using the existing connection but I did not have a hose with me when I went to the store, so I could not match up anything.

With the intex pool everything should fit up, you would just have to install the hayward skimmer, and I'm betting it has a more standard connection as well.

Slammed01

I have the size down from that the 14'x42" and have made the mods to run the upgraded intex pump and sand filter. My word of advice would be not to waste your time with the intex B adapters. I had to upgrade because the stock system died on me in two weeks. There is a great Youtube video on how to do this mod. Following and you will be set. The mod takes a steady hand and some dremal skills for sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUEtP2Nq9E

Thanks all, found a Intex 16x48 finally after calling a few stores and put their last one on hold! $300 is a deal and sale ends tomorrow... as everyone else wants $400+ and they are even sold out.

I can return. I've the sod with a flat nosed shovel correct? I don't NEED a sod cutter right?

You dont need a sod cutter but will probably want to rent one to speed up the process. I leveled my ground using a 4' level by itself first, then attached to 2x6x10 stud to level the last 6 feet.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.